Funcom announced that every month going forward they will release comprehensive game updates filled to the brim with exciting new content such as storylines, missions, seasonal events, gameplay enhancements and even entire world regions. These updates will serve players new and exciting experiences every month, ensuring there is always something new to discover in The Secret World.
"The team is excited to be working on expanding The Secret World," says Senior Producer and Creative Director Ragnar Tørnquist. "We are committing to a very ambitious update schedule, but our goal is, and has always been, to provide our subscribers with new, high-quality content every month."
The first update will be released July 31st and details on what is included in the update will be made available later this week. In his first State of the Game to the community published today, Mr. Tørnquist also revealed a high-level overview of what players can expect further down the line, including:
- Monthly mission packs, including a slew of new investigation missions
- New weapons (including a big one that will cause even bigger explosions!)
- Raids (clue for the first one: The Big Apple will never be the same)
- Expanded character customization, including plastic surgery
- A player vs. player dungeon set in an entirely new geographical area
- Dungeon finder tool to make grouping for dungeons much easier
- Seasonal events such as Halloween and Winter Solstice
- Two large adventure areas including new characters, missions, monsters, lore and more
- More social gameplay will be added to the London hub
- Combat will be enhanced significantly both visually and mechanically
This looks like a damage control after their shares on the Norwegian Stock Exchange fell by almost 40 percent a few days ago. Still, if they managed to pull this every month it could be good thing for their subscribers.The Secret World - Updates Plan Revealed,